Sunday, March 28, 2010

Getting Started!

When most people think of a trip to Walt Disney World, the first thing that they think of is the cost. The fear of the expense can keep you from planning your dream vacation. While it is true that a vacation to the happiest place on earth is not cheap, it is possible for any family on any budget. The key to making the most out of a trip to Walt Disney World without breaking the bank is planning.

I first went to Disney World as a child with my family when all there was was the Magic Kingdom. I still remember that trip: Walking down the street with Mickey Mouse, riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (previously known as the WEDway People Mover) with my mom and aunt while my dad and uncle took my sister on to Space Mountain. It truly was a magical trip.

Over the years I have gone back over a dozen times and have had every kind of travel experience. I have gone and stayed off property at small, chain-style hotels/motels, I've stayed on property at value and deluxe resorts, I've gone for day trips, and I've gone just for a special event. The common thread through each stay is that they were all wonderful! It didn't really matter where I stayed or for how long, a visit to the Walt Disney World Resort is something that always guarantees a great time and great memories.

I have helped many friends and family members plan their trips as well as co-lead a seminar on how to make a Disney trip affordable. It always strikes me as funny how people automatically assume that a trip to Disney is out of their reach because of the cost. After much research, discussion and personal experience, I have learned that that just is NOT the case! We live on a very low income. My husband is self-employed and there are times when there is just no work but even under those circumstances we have gone to Disney as a family four times without breaking the bank.

I hope that this blog will be a helpful resource for you and that you will come back and visit soon.

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment